I suggest you write about ...

discovering hope and encouragement in tough economic times

Would you please consider doing a review of Rich Jensen's book "Discovering the Jewel in Job Loss"? You have such a thorough, extensive and thought provoking message on many different topics but in our area there is so much financial stress, struggle and job loss and a review of this book along with your thoughts on the topic would be a tremendous encouragement to many. Thanks for considering! :)

336 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Corinna GarisCorinna Garis shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

23 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

Rich's book is so needed by men today, whether they have a job or not... it helps them see their own issues with identiy and perseverence and it also helps us men that have jobs to better support and understand all those men that don't

• Ilene CoyleIlene Coyle commented  · 

I think this is a great book for all situations or problems besides unemployment. It helps us to learn how to work with & handle life's challenges.whatever it may be and whenever they come. I plan to keep this book in a special place so I can use it when I have a disappointment or problem that I need encouragement and help with. I have recommended it to many already and given a few to those in need of it now.

Well written book that provides peace in the storm of unemployment. We serve a great God who works in and through all trials for our good and his glory. Thanks for these reminders!

• Dave MDave M commented  · 

I appreciated the Biblical references in this book. The writer put a lot of "meat' into it. Anyone reading this book will gain from it, especially if you are going through a major change in your life.

• John VJohn V commented  · 

Like many others, it's just a matter of time before I'm dealing with unemployment (the writing is on the wall at my job). This could possibly be one of the toughest challenges we face. A book like this would help us get through this tough time.

• Jim PitmanJim Pitman commented  · 

This would be a very timely topic, as so many grapple with who they really are. Our identities, especially as men, tend to revolve around what we do, so loss of a job, however it happens, can be devastating. If we can really discover that our identity rests in Christ, then we are able to go through tough situations with joy. A review of Jensen's book and Tim's thoughts could really make a big impact on people.

I have read this book and even though I am not going thru job loss it is a real wake up call as a man on where I measure my value and what gives me value. I cannot thank Mr. Jensen enough for moving my focus!

My husband and I are going through the same exact situation as the Jensen's. The benefits of the lessons learned as stated in the book "Discovering the Jewel in Job Loss", far outweigh the fiery trial...to God be the Glory as He forms the beauty of Jesus Christ in us..He is the reason we live and move and have our being! Dave and Diana Swenk

• Jason DavisJason Davis commented  · 

As many have said concerning Rich's book, this is a book that will encourage anyone experiencing a painful loss and fill them with genuine hope by pointing them to the only true solution--"the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ"

• Robbin L. NetzRobbin L. Netz commented  · 

This book is awesome! Loved it! A perfect gift for high school and college graduates. An easy read, with an excellent message. The only thing I do not like is the title. This book is for ALL, not just the unemployed. There are so many that could benefit from this book, yet may not read it because of the title. I would definitely recommend it, and encourage you to read, pass it on to someone. Great gift for anyone.

This is a book - and Rich is a person - that I can heartily recommend! The book is saturated with Scripture and is both a "good read" and a helpful tool for dealing with the trial of job loss.

• Kurt and Liz GaebelKurt and Liz Gaebel commented  · 

My family has walked the path of job search and loss for several years, as well as many other people in the USA. Rich's book is an excellent book for helping people dealing with the many seen and unseen issues of job loss and crises. He has walked what we walked. This book can also open the eyes of others to the issues and give practical ideas of how to be supportive and ways to help. They will find themselves growing in ways they never knew. With another family member recently passing away, I know it will be a helpful resource for this also. We give this book to others.

• MelodyMNMelodyMN commented  · 

Rich Jensen has walked the lonely road of unemployment, grappled with personal identity, felt the hurt of judgmental arrows of others, and grasped the truth and hope of a foundation unmovable and sustaining in God. His use of Scripture convicts the soul of its need for humility, contentment, joy and perseverance all through the power of a Sovereign God. The truths of Scripture are clear, and I read this from the lenses of “retirement” and “caregiving”. The book was a blessing, an encouragement and a goad to remain focused in our calling when facing trials and difficult circumstances. I plan on purchasing several copies for friends whose circumstances have them walking through various valleys in their lives. Whether you are facing financial difficulties from the recession, the loss of a spouse, the heartbreak of a child, broken friendships, or job loss, the book is a JEWEL and the reformed theology is refreshing.

• Jay ButtonJay Button commented  · 

I think Rich Jensen has good insight that those of us caught in tough economic times would do well to discover.

Rich Jensen's book "Discovering the Jewel in Job Loss" is a well written thought out study on what the scripture says about leaning on Him when troubles attack you. Excellent reading if you are going through a tough time and even if you are not you could be of help to someone who is.

• Ken PregizerKen Pregizer commented  · 

I read Rich's book "Jewel" with interest. Rich's personal experience with economic hard times is something that many can relate to. It is easy to loose heart and give up while finding a job in these difficult times but Rich gives a perspective that most people who are searching for a job totally miss. There is hope and Rich leads his readers to that!!

• Howard WellsHoward Wells commented  · 

Rich's book, "Discovering the Jewel in Job Loss" is one of the most important topics that people need these days when jobs are evaporating like dew in the summer sun. I would appreciate your thoughts on this book and on this topic.

• RMCRMC commented  · 

I'm so excited to read a spiritual book that looks at the real lessons behind job loss. The author brings a real world experience to this tragic event that is crippling our country. I love the USA and I want everyone to have a job. I also want everyone to have deep connection with God. The author brings this aspects together. I'd like to read more about this subject from this author.

• Les MoyerLes Moyer commented  · 

This book is timely and needs to be exposed to as many people as possible. There are so many in this position today, and they need the encouragement that Rich has included in this book. He writes from experience which in itself adds to its credibility. PLEASE consider doing a review of this, as it would be tremendously helpful and I know the Lord will bless you richly for your time and efforts in helping to spread this important message and spiritual counseling by doing it.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base