I suggest you write about ...

Criminals/Felons in Our Midst

As a teenager, I made a series of bad decisions which, unlimately, landed me in prison to serve time for burglary. I finished my debt to society by successfully completing my parole in December 1992. I drifted in and out of churches, just never quite fitting in. I've been married now and have stayed committed to church attendance, and serving whenever the opportunity arises. God has made it very clear to me, on multiple occasions, that He wants to use my past for His glory. I've had some interesting reactions when I've shared my story. With some believers, I feel as if they are offended I would dare attend their suburban mega church.

But, weren't many of the people God used in the Bible, guilty of similar crimes; and some even worse? Have believers forgotten how God can transform a life? If we're to be that critical, then we need to toss out 2/3rds (?) of the New Testament because Paul, then Saul, guarded the cloaks of those who martyred Stephen and "agreed completely with killing him." Acts 8:1 NET

An article touching on this would be a welcome reminder.

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)