I suggest you write about ...

Do missionaries destroy cultures?

After watching a movie called "the end of poverty" and reading a book in "Perspectives of the Christian movement". I'm wondering to what extent the Christian message is a global message and to what extent does it allow diversity in cultures around the world.

I think that many of our Christian movements are very business-minded. A certain style of worship at church becomes a brand (let's say Mars Hill Church, Hillsong and others) which we are trying to impose and force. In our secular society, diversity seems to be a very good thing, on biblical terms from the story of Genesis, diversity of cultures seems to be a consequence of the fall: God breaks human pride by dividing one nation into different nations.

At the same time God has created diversity in the world from the start of Genesis. The church is meant to be one body with different members.

We are called to be like Jesus, does it mean we are all meant to be the same? How does the fact that I have to be like Jesus fit with the fact that God has made me different from my neighbor?

I would appreciate an clear answer on this subject.

3 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)